Get a complete overview of the EU regulatory framework governing the audiovisual media sector, including the revised AVMS, as well as an insight into recently proposed initiatives to address media freedoms and democracy, including the DSA and the future Media Freedom Act.This event has passed
- EU audiovisual architecture: value chain, relevant frameworks and main principles
- Overview of minimum EU rules for TV channels, VOD services and VSPs. A level playing field for content rules?
- Oversight of audiovisual services
- Implementation and enforcement of new rules for VSPs across the different member states
- The contribution of streaming services to the funding of the European creative sector. Overview of national rules.
- The distribution of audiovisual serices. Overview of national rules on accessibility, prominence and signal integrity
- Copyright: general principles governing copyright in the audiovisual sector
- Copyright: new EU rules for platforms and implementation at the national level
- Media & democracy: online disinformation, political advertising and upcoming Media Freedom Act
- DSA: introduction & scope
- DSA: dealing with illegal content and with content in breach of the platform's terms and conditions
- DSA: dealing with special categories of content
- DSA: liability and relationship with law enforcement
- DSA: treatment of advertising and recommender systems
- DSA: oversight
- DSA: critical appraisal
This training will be held online and will include some self-learning modules, as specified in the above agenda, and live sessions.
We strongly recommend participants to follow the self-learning sessions before the live sessions start.
Timezone: Times indicated are all CET / GMT+1 (Brussels time)
Online sessions will be recorded. Only registered participants will have access to the sessions recordings.
Benefit from a 10% early-bird discount by registering before 29 October 2022!
10% discount for multiple registrations from the same organisation.
Payments can be made by credit card or by bank transfer. In both cases, an invoice will be sent to you shortly after your registration.
Registration process and access to training material are available on Cullen International's training platform for registered users - Download quick user guide