REGISTRATION TO THIS EVENT IS CLOSED - The workshop will provide a special opportunity for those closely engaged in postal regulation to share and discuss in depth their experiences and views on the current regulatory issues and on the future regulatory framework of postal and parcel delivery sector.This event has passed
The workshop, co-organised with CTT Portugal and facilitated by Derek Osborne, will take place soon after the European Commission will have published its roadmap for reviewing the postal regulatory framework.
As part of the review process, the Commission will be working in 2020 on the latest application report on the Postal Services Directive and reporting on the implementation of the Cross-Border Parcel Delivery Services Regulation.
Policy-makers and postal and delivery operators will be seeking to identify the major priority areas to address in the review, including potentially the reform of the universal service scope, how universal service net costs are calculated and financed, and future extensions to the reach of postal regulation in terms of the areas and market players to be addressed.
- Share your latest knowledge, ideas, innovative approaches and risks faced
- Engage with other participants on possible solutions to regulatory and policy challenges
- Keep up to date with the latest developments
What topics will be covered?
Topics covered by the workshop include:
- Future scope of universal service obligation
- Sustainability and financing mechanisms
- Assessing affordability and price elasticity
- Cost allocation for USO net cost calculations
- Regulatory risks arising from future environmental regulation
Registration to this event is closed. You are most welcome to join & exchange with regulators & postal operators at our Postal Masterclass in November.
Benefit from a 10% early-bird discount by registering before 30 January 2020!
10% discount for multiple registrations from the same organisation.
The fees do not include accommodation.