The workshop will provide a special opportunity for those closely engaged in postal regulation to share and discuss in depth their experiences and views on the current regulatory issues and on the future regulatory framework of postal and parcel delivery sector.Register
The workshop, co-organised with CTT Portugal and facilitated by Derek Osborne, will take place soon after the European Commission will have published its roadmap for reviewing the postal regulatory framework.
As part of the review process, the Commission will be working in 2020 on the latest application report on the Postal Services Directive and reporting on the implementation of the Cross-Border Parcel Delivery Services Regulation.
Policy-makers and postal and delivery operators will be seeking to identify the major priority areas to address in the review, including potentially the reform of the universal service scope, how universal service net costs are calculated and financed, and future extensions to the reach of postal regulation in terms of the areas and market players to be addressed.
- Share your latest knowledge, ideas, innovative approaches and risks faced
- Engage with other participants on possible solutions to regulatory and policy challenges
- Keep up to date with the latest developments
What topics will be covered?
Topics covered by the workshop include:
- Future scope of universal service obligation
- Sustainability and financing mechanisms
- Assessing affordability and price elasticity
- Cost allocation for USO net cost calculations
- Regulatory risks arising from future environmental regulation
Let us know what other topic you want to hear about by completing our short survey.
Answer the survey before 30 January 2020 and receive a 10% discount on the registration fee for the workshop, also applicable on the early-bird discount.
Media partner: Postal Hub Podcasts
- 08:30: Welcome coffee and registration
- 09:00: Introduction and review of survey results
- 09:30: Future scope of universal service obligation
- 12:15: Lunch break
- 14:00: Assessing affordability and price elasticity
- 17:15: Wrap up and key take-aways of day one
- 19:00: Networking activity and dinner - Venue to be confirmed
- 09:30: Sustainability and financing mechanisms
- 12:15: Lunch break
- 14:00: Cost allocations (including for USO net cost calculations)
- 17:15: Wrap up and key take-aways of day two
- 19:00: Networking activities and dinner - Venue to be confirmed
- 09:30: Key consumer issues and how best to address them
- 11:00: Risks arising from future environmental regulation
- 12:15: Wrap up and key take-aways
- 13:00: End of the event and lunch
* This is an outline agenda. More detail on the confirmed list of topics following the results of the survey will be provided in due course.
Benefit from a 10% early-bird discount by registering before 30 January 2020!
10% discount for multiple registrations from the same organisation.
The fees do not include accommodation.Register to this event