Understand all you need to know about EU telecoms regulation in our telecoms masterclass. You'll gain a historical perspective on how the European communications sector has been regulated, as well as insight into the new trends and topics having an impact on telecoms regulation today.
Complement the course with our introductory session (optional):
- Crash-course in EU telecoms politics & technology: introductory course comprising two half-day sessions. The first session takes the form of a general introduction to the technology and networks that underpin the modern telecoms industry. Then, in the secon session, we explore specific entities within the EU and their processes - including a visit to one or more institutions.
On the 4th day of the course, choose a specific topic to deep-dive into:
- Competition Law in the telecoms sector (Option A): This seminar looks at the relationship between sector-specific regulation and competition law, with a focus on abuses of dominance, restrictive agreements and concerted practices, and merger control.
- Consumer Protection in the telecoms sector (Option B): Join our experts to explore both the sector-specific and horizontal consumer protection rules that apply in the EU communications sector, with reference to real-life examples and case studies, and get insight into the latest developments and their implications
- Introduction to the technology and networks in modern telecoms industry
- Specific entities within the EU and their processes
- Visit to one or more EU institutions
- EU policy goals for the telecoms sector
- Regulatory frameworks, rules and reforms
- Broadband access regulation
- Mobile regulation
- Radio spectrum policy
- Net neutrality
- Relationship between competition law and sector specific regulation
- Cost concepts and price abuses
- Non-price abuses
- Mergers and market consolidation in the telecoms sector
- Data protection and privacy
- Switching and portability
- Quality of service measures
- Universal service
Rue de la Loi 75
Tel +32 (0)2 204 39 11
Metro: Maelbeek - lines 1 & 5 (2 min walking distance)
For your convenience, we have arranged a temporary block booking with a preferential rate at the Thon Hotel EU. To book your accommodation at the venue, please use this booking form.
Benefit from a 10% early-bird discount by registering before 20 August 2020!
10% discount for multiple registrations from the same organisation.
The fees include the course materials, refreshments, lunches on the four days and dinners on the first and second evenings. They do not include accommodation. Payments can be made by credit card or by bank transfer. In both cases, an invoice will be sent to you shortly after your registration.Register to this event