Cullen International, together with the universities of Namur and Leuven, organised a seminar on 'the protection of digital consumers' on Tuesday, March 15, 2016.This event has passed
'The protection of digital consumers'
March 15, 2016 – 15:30 to 19:30 (followed by a cocktail) - at the University Foundation in Brussels
As part of its Digital Single Market Strategy, the European Commission is launching the most important review of EU regulation for digital services of the last 20 years. The protection of digital consumers will be at the core of the debate.
The next edition of the Brussels Internet and Telecoms Seminar (BITS) series will look at whether the current rules protecting digital consumers are suited to the evolution of the Internet eco-system and which additional reforms are needed.
In the Chair:
Alexandre de Streel, Professor, University of Namur and CERRE
Overview of the current rules
Michèle Ledger, Head of Practice, Cullen International - Presentation
Assessment of the rules and proposals for reforms
- Hervé Jacquemin, Professor, University of Namur and CRIDS - Presentation
- Anne-Lise Sibony, Professor, University of Louvain
- Vesa Terava, Head of Unit, DG CONNECT, European Commission
- Antonio Mancini, Senior Official, AGCM - Presentation
- Filipe Prista Lucas, Head of the information society issues, ANACOM
- Guillermo Beltra, Head of Legal and Economic Department, BEUC
- Lisa Felton, Head of Consumer Policy, Vodafone
- Enrique Medina, Chief Policy Officer, Telefonica
- Cornelia Kutterer, Director, Microsoft
TBC, Member of the European Parliament
Event summary report by Cullen International
Fondation Universitaire Stichting
Rue d’Egmont 11, 1000 Brussels
Free for staff of the EU Institutions and National Permanent Representations to the EU If more than two persons participate from the same organisation, the other participants pay only € 100. Ph.D. students and former DTIC-students of UNamur benefit from a reduced fee of € 100.